So excited! We had representatives from 7 different denominations at the first Cedar Hill Shares Faith Council meeting tonight! The council is being formed to:
- Help get the word out about what all Cedar Hill Shares offers -
- Not just food, although we serve over 250 individual families. We help with TXU Energy Aid, water bills, assist with providing SNAP, Medicaid and other services. We are a drop off for Meals on Wheels. We open opportunities for school and court appointed community service volunteers to fulfill their needed volunteer hours.
- The Thrift Store gives the community a great place to recycle used clothing, furniture and household items. These items are then sold at very reasonable prices which benefits our neighbors with limited means. Teaches young community service students employment skills and allows them to complete required service hours. The net proceeds from the sale of items comes back to the Food Pantry to support the programs.
- Help churches support CH Shares with monies --every $ = 3 meals and food items
- Help provide labor support thru volunteers at the Food Pantry and Thrift Store.
- Help find potential big donors to sponsor the building of our new building
Can't wait to see the results these churches get when they go back to their congregations and tell our story.
Thank you one and all for caring enough about your neighbors to make a difference. It's all about neighbors helping neighbors.